What is Digital Signage?
‘Digital Signage’ is a term used to describe an increasingly common type of ambient media, also known as ‘Digital out of Home Advertising’, in which multimedia content is displayed in public places for informative or advertising purposes.
Screens or digital displays of any size are connected to the system through our screentown Digital Control Units, which are updated with new content via file transfer over the internet, meaning you can send any content to any screen at any time.
What is it used for?
Digital signs are used for many different purposes and there is no definitive list. However, below are some of the most common applications of digital signage:
- Welcoming Customers / Visitors
- Communicating effectively with Customers / Target Audience
- Communicating effectively With Staff / Employees
- Brand building
- Public information
- Internal information
- Influencing customer behaviour
- Enhancing your customers experience
- Modernise your environment
- Menu information boards
What Are the Benefits?
Digital signage has many benefits, some of which are listed below. However, any company or organisation that has a customer base, staff / a work force, a waiting area / reception or a high footfall of people would benefit from our digital signage solution.
- Update Screens in Real Time
- Display Current most up to date advertising campaigns
- Screens are eye-catching
- More cost effective than traditional forms of communication
- Wider Audience Reach
- Flexible Communications
- Schedule messages / promotions / campaigns
- More environmentally friendly
Why Choose Screentown?
- Not an off the shelf application but our own software system
- Simple, compact hardware device
- Tiered Administration Control & Grouped Screen Configuration
- A Cloud Based Content Management System
- Any Screen Type or Size
- Easy to Edit or Reschedule
- Group Multiple Screens
- Split Content into Zones
- Scalable Content
- Installation and Deployment
- Support and Maintenance Services
- Content Design Contracts Available
- Potential Revenue Stream
What Content Can I Display?
- Flash Animations (SWF, FLV)
- HD/SD Video (MP4, WMV)
- Streaming Media (Mpeg 2 – 4, WMV)
- Live TV ( *IPTV Encoding – requires additional Hardware)
- Web Pages & HTML5 Content
- RSS Feeds
- Powerpoint *requires installation
- Still Images (Jpeg, Jpg, Tiff, Png)
- Social Media
Need Content Created?
Screentown’s content design partner is Due North in Stirling. Due North are a multi-disciplinary design studio who provide digital and print creative services. They specialise in design and content production for our Digital Signage software including bespoke branded UI solutions.
Their team of graphic designers can prepare eye-catching bespoke animations from existing content or from afresh. They will ensure that your screens display that highly professional look and feel which you want to create and maintain.
Sometimes peace of mind needs a little extra help. Deploying digital signage in your organisation can be very daunting and we can understand this. No matter what size or scope your installation is, setting up the TV, PC and physical installation will be both an investment in time and money. We are happy to offer our professional services for your peace of mind. We also offer a range of additional support options (Please contact us for more information).